Post: Art Preparator
Compania angajatoare: Park West Gallery Abroad
Locatie Job: Pe Vase de Croaziera
Status Job: Permanent
Locul de munca: la bordul unui vas de croaziera;
Contract: 6 luni, cu posibilitatea prelungirii dupa terminarea contractului;
Vacanta: 2 luni intre contracte;
Venituri: salariu incepand cu 1000 USD/luna;
Facilitati: cazarea (in cabina de 2 persoane), mesele si servicii medicale sunt asigurate gratuit la bord. Acces la internet caffee, sala de gym, spalatorie, bar pentru angajati;
Program de lucru: 7 zile pe saptamana, aproximativ 10 ore /zi, cu pauze intre mesele principale (mic dejun, pranz si cina). In general program liber in porturi;
Art Preparator | Job Description
Art Preparators are an integral part of our shipboard art programs. Successful Art Preparators are able to assist with operations and logistics of the art program and its various art events. Main responsibilities include gallery and art auction artwork curation and setup, maintaining art and supply inventories, and managing the quality and integrity of the onboard art collection, art gallery, and art storage lockers in keeping with shipboard standards. Art Preparators have an opportunity to advance to Associate Art Auctioneer when the necessary skills for the Associate job are demonstrated.
Job functions of the Art Preparator include, but are not limited to:
- Lead art display setup for gallery events and art auctions according to best practices for handling and displaying art in accordance with shipboard safety requirements
- Maintain the quality of the onboard art collection
- Lead and manage a team of hired art movers, educating them in best practices of art handing in accordance with shipboard safety requirements
- Assist during the art auction: gather requested artwork to be auctioned, help with bringing work on or off main easel quickly and safely, lead setup of art and safe return of art to storage in a timely manner
- Ability to recognize our various artist’s work and their style
- Ability to distinguish artwork “lot” types as well as mediums, and know where to find these works on the ship
- Assist with onloads (and offloads) of artwork onto (or off of) a ship
- Manage artwork, marketing collateral, and supply inventory
- Package “Take Off” works safely for clients
Art Preparators are selected from a variety of backgrounds and countries worldwide. The strongest candidates are chosen based on a number of personal and professional characteristics:
- Coachable and has the willingness and desire to learn
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Professional demeanor
- Accommodations and meals onboard are provided, as well as travel to and from ship assignments.
- Art Preparators are given a weekly base salary and branded polo shirts to be worn while performing work duties.
Criterii de Selectie
- Varsta: minim 21 de ani;
- Cunoasterea limbii Engleze la nivel avansat si obligatoriu inca o limba straina la nivel mediu-avansat: Franceza, Germana sau Italiana, etc.;
- Experienta anterioara pe vase de croaziera constituie avantaj;
- Atitutine pozitiva, spirit de initiativa, abilitati in relatii cu clientul, comunicare si lucru in echipa, entuziasm, dornic de a experimenta si de a evolua in toate aspectele, personal si profesional;
Specific Requirements | Park West Gallery Carrer
Park West Gallery caters to an ever-changing demographic of clientele worldwide, so candidates with diverse backgrounds will be considered. Due to the unique talent and skill set required of this position, we provide comprehensive training, a paid apprenticeship and an incredible sales organisation with opportunity for advancement to ensure your success.
Prior auctioneering experience is not required. Knowledge of art history and art mediums is a plus, but also not required. Additional language skills outside of English, such as in Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Mandarin or Japanese are preferred, but not necessary.
We’d like to hear from you if you:
- Are a natural entertainer
- Are entrepreneurial in spirit
- Are a good public speaker
- Are competitive
- Perform your best when in a fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Enjoy traveling, experiencing other cultures and taking on a high level of responsibility
- Enjoy educating others
- Appreciate being rewarded through performance-based compensation
Qualified candidates should:
- Possess strong public speaking skills
- Be extremely outgoing, full of energy and enthusiastic
- Be coachable and have the willingness and desire to learn
- Have the ability to manage a staff and work in a multinational environment
- Have a personable demeanor and professional appearance
- Have the ability to work four to six months consecutively, worldwide, on a luxury cruise ship
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Have demonstrated sales experience (preferred, but not required)
- Have a college degree (preferred, but not required)
Selection is highly competitive, but is not limited to experienced sales professionals. We do extend offers to entry-level applicants with the appropriate qualifications. New candidates are hired into the Art Associate and Art Preparator positions.
Ambitious candidates should view the Associate position as training for Gallery Director and/or Art Auctioneer. By honing art history knowledge, product knowledge, auctioneering and selling skills, as well as an ability and desire to take on additional responsibility, Associates can rise through the ranks.
Once the Art Associate has consistently demonstrated mastery of each of the aforementioned tasks, they will be considered by shore-side management for promotion to the Gallery Director position.
The time it takes an Art Associate to advance to Gallery Director or Art Auctioneer varies depending on ability and performance. Some Art Associates advance in as little as a few months, whereas some may remain in the Art Associate position for several contracts while developing the necessary skills to effectively manage a cruise ship’s art program.
To embark on your new adventure, please start as Art Preparator now and build your Carrer.
Info Companie Angajatoare | Park West Gallery
Park West Gallery’s mission is to create an educational, entertaining and welcoming environment that ignites a passion for the arts and creates a collecting experience like no other company in the world. Park West Gallery supports a myriad of artistic talent, engages the widest array of audiences, advocates genuine artistry and maintains the highest of professional standards
As a global leader in the industry, the gallery has re-imagined the world of fine art by offering live art auctions on cruise ships. We produce thousands of auctions a year on more than 100 luxury vessels. Since Albert Scaglione founded Park West Gallery in 1969, more than 2 million people around the world have collected art that inspires them. The gallery provides art programs for Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, Norwegian, Princess and Royal Caribbean cruise lines.
The Park West Gallery collection features many of the most talented living artists, including Yaacov Agam, Peter Max, Romero Britto, Michael Godard, Lebo, Scott Jacobs, Marcus Glenn, Dominic Pangborn and Csaba Markus, among others. Additionally, master works are available from Pablo Picasso, Marc Chagall, Joan Miro and Rembrandt van Rijn. Park West Gallery is the exclusive dealer for many artists, acquiring works of art directly from their studios or estates.
Park West has a remarkable 63,000-square-foot headquarters and gallery in Southfield, Michigan, in addition to a 181,000-square foot gallery and fulfillment center in Miami Lakes, Florida. This center is dedicated to custom framing, worldwide shipping and the transport and distribution of art.
Get paid to travel while working with an industry leader in fine arts
Visit exotic ports of call, enjoy cruise amenities, develop expertise in art, make new friends and establish connections all over the world.
Park West Gallery is a leader in the international art industry. As such, it seeks out talented and diverse individuals to continue its goal of re-imagining the world of fine art. We desire candidates who bring exceptional professionalism, customer service, teamwork and character to the table.
Traditionally, many of our successful Auctioneers possess a business, arts or entertainment background. We understand that every candidate will not be versed in all three areas, so we provide a thorough and comprehensive training program as well as career-long mentorships that allow candidates to gain experience and develop skill sets within those fields.
Living and working aboard a cruise ship is an outstanding, exhilarating experience for anyone with a sense of adventure. Each cruise ship is a multi-cultural environment with employees representing more than 100 different nationalities. These diverse teams of professionals bring their own customs and habits to the workplace, resulting in an eclectic and unique atmosphere.
Aplica pentru un Job
Cum pot participa la un Interviu pentru un Job?
Trimite CV -ul tau in Limba Engleza la e-mail: email@example.com
Inregistreaza-te in baza de date completand formularul de mai jos.
Echipa Job Selection va raspunde prin e-mail tuturor aplicantilor si va trimite si un sms pe telefonul mobil pentru a te informa despre trimiterea unui raspuns. Ulterior te va contacta telefonic pentru programare la preselectie;
Important: te rugam sa verifici in permanenta adresa ta de e-mail si in folderele Spam/Junk pentru a fi sigur ca primesti e-mail-urile de la Job Selection!
Abonare la Newsletter
Pentru a fi la curent cu ultimele joburi postate, te invitam sa te abonezi la newsletter-ul nostru. Introdu o adresa de e-mail in formularul de mai jos si apasa butonul „Abonare”.
Adresa ta de email este in siguranta pentru ca ne respectam clientii. Citeste Politica de confidentialitate aici
Intrebari Frecvente | FAQ
1. De ce sa aleg un job pe un vas de croaziera?
- Vei castiga un salariu consistent;
- Vei avea costurile pentru masa si cazare asigurate;
- Vei calatori si vei putea admira frumusetile din mai multe tari, pe toata durata calatoriei. Desi cea mai mare parte a timpului o vei petrece la bordul vasului, vei avea ocazia sa ajungi sa vizitezi imprejurimile tarilor din timpul croazierelor;
- Vei lucra intr-un mediu multicultural si vei cunoaste persoane din zeci de tari diferite;
- Iti vei dezvolta abilitatile de comunicare, socializare dar si cele profesionale;
- Vei iesi din zona ta de confort si te vei obisnui cu un stil de viata dinamic;
- Ai oportunitatea de ati construi o cariera profesionala, intr-un mediu de lucru cu servicii de 5 stele.